Trail mix. Not one of my favorite snacks. I’ll admit, much like the kiddos, I’m the one plucking out all of the sweets and leaving the rest. This is why I never buy trail mix, but really, why spend the money on something pre-packaged that may or may not have all the goodies you enjoy when you can just buy the ingredients you know you’ll like and eat?
4th of July is one of our country’s great American holidays, and with it comes a lot of really good food. We’re talking barbecues and that delicious, smokey air filled with the scent of barbecued chicken, corn on the cob, potato salad, cheeseburgers, steaks, crisp salads and freshly sliced watermelon.
Mmm, I’m hungry just thinking about it! All of those good eats take time to prepare, and one thing I know adults and kids are not good with is patience. As soon as the barbecue gets going, bellies start growling, leaving everyone starving and impatient.
Or maybe that’s just me.
Enter this 4th of July Trail Mix to save your hangry selves from getting, you know, hangry! Trail Mix is just light enough to hold you over with nuts, patriotic colored M&Ms, mini marshmallows, and chocolate chips.
There aren’t any grains in this trail mix. I decided to leave them out because I wouldn’t want you getting so full that you don’t have room for the main course. Also, by leaving out Cheerios, which I was going to add, this becomes a gluten-free snack. You can have these bags pre-assembled for all your guests so they can relieve their hunger with this sure-to-please 4th of July Trail Mix.
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanuts -or whatever nut you like, my kids like peanuts
- 1 cup each of red and blue M&M’s
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/4th-of-July-Trail-Mix-21.jpg” width=”680″ height=”453″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”4th-of-July-Trail-Mix-2″]
- Combine all ingredients into a large bowl.
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/4th-of-July-Trail-Mix-101.jpg” width=”680″ height=”1020″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”4th of July Trail Mix | Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”]
- Mix together and assemble in cute little bags.
Used In This Project:
- Circle Labels • I chose the “Modern Geometric” style in coral.
- Small Diamond Hang Tags • I chose the “Modern Geometric” style in coral.
- Small Windowed Tin-Tie Bags • I chose the kraft color.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE 4TH OF JULY COLLECTION >