If you’re looking for a unique and cute prize for a classroom game – these piñatas are perfect! They’re small enough to fit inside backpacks and they can hold all sorts of goodies. We collaborated with Marilyn from Jazzy’s Creation & Design to create back-to-school piñata prizes that any student would be excited to receive. We love Jazzy’s mini piñatas because they’re well-made and super adorable. In addition, they’re so many different kinds in her Etsy store.
What you need:
- Piñata(s) – We used a bear, an apple, and a school bus
- Labels for the back – Katniss in blue, Size 12
- I ♥ School Magnets – Swing in deep red & blue, Size 28
- Mr. Hopper Magnets – Caption, Size 28
- Mini pens
- Post-it notes
What to do:
- Fill your piñata with personalized goodies. We chose an I ♥ school magnet and another magnet with a picture of the class bunny. Remember, you can always use the design request form if all your words don’t fit in the preview! We also visited our nearest Target for small goodies like mini pens and post-it notes.
- Behind the piñata, place a label and write down the student’s name on it. It makes the piñata even more special. We found the vinyl labels did not damage the delicate paper on the piñata when they were peeled off. That way if we placed it wrong, we could try again.
- Set up and prepare a classroom game. We love TeachHub’s list of interactive activities for students of all ages. Winner gets the piñata!
- You can choose to have one piñata per month; for example, maybe pick a heart piñata for February and a Cinco de Mayo piñata for May.
The Artist behind Jazzy’s Creation & Design
Tell us a little bit about yourself.
My name is Marilyn Q. Cisneros. I’m a graphic design artist and my work is influenced by family and friends. I’m newly engaged and very happy with my little family. I have one, little one that keeps me on my toes, Jax, who is a small white Jack Russell pup.
How did Jazzy’s Creation & Design come about?
Jazzy’s Creation & Design started back in 2012 with my friend, Debbie, as a crafting blog to share our Wednesday craft nights. The name Jazzy is based on a beloved Boxer dog, who was full of energy and always excited to greet everyone. As you can see, we are dog-lovers. We started the blog to remind us of the things that we love to do, which is crafting, scrapbooking, and creating memories.
What inspires you?
My inspiration comes from family, friends, and the new trends– I welcome the new challenges.
What is your favorite piñata to make and why?
I’m not sure if I have a favorite piñata. They are all so cute and handmade by me, which makes them one-of-a-kind. I enjoy creating these mini piñatas because they remind me of my childhood. My sisters and I would help my mom create our own birthday piñatas as part of a family tradition.
What are your next steps?
Great question, my next step is to keep enjoying what I love to do.