When I was a little girl, my mom would let me have tiny cups of coffee once in awhile. Usually just enough to fill one of her antique china tea cups. Occasionally, she would surprise me with a biscotti cookie to dunk into my coffee and enjoy.
Years later, this treat is still just as sweet and full of memories. Sometimes I’ll splurge and buy a box of biscotti at the store, or when I’m at the beach I’ll always buy a few to take home from my favorite coffee shop. It never occurred to me to make my own biscotti – it always seemed like a daunting thing to make.
Not true! I was surprised at how easy it is and how much fun to decorate! Since it’s fall, I thought pumpkin biscotti would be so delightful with my morning cup of coffee. Plus a sweet treat to give to all of my coffee-loving friends.
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 TB vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 11 oz white chocolate morsels
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/IMG_0055.jpg” width=”680″ height=”453″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Homemade Pumpkin Biscotti | Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”][/url]
- In a mixer, combine eggs, pumpkin, and vanilla. Beat until creamy. Beat in spices. Slowly beat in flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Beat until the crumbly texture becomes smooth.
- Divide dough in half. Add the chopped pecans to half the dough and leave the other plain for variety.
- Form two 12 inch logs (about 2-3 inches wide) on parchment lined baking sheet. Use floured hands to shape dough into shape.
- Bake in an oven pre-heated to 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Using a serrated knife or pizza cutter, slice biscotti into 1-inch thick slices. Lay each slice on its side and return to the oven for an additional 20 minutes. The biscotti will harden as it cools.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add white chocolate morsels and pumpkin pie spice. Microwave on medium heat for 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval. When smooth, frost the cooled biscotti.
- You can frost the biscotti by dipping the bottoms into the chocolate mixture, dunking the whole cookie in the chocolate (allowing the chocolate to set for 1 hour), or pour chocolate into a Ziploc bag, snip the corner, and drizzle over the top of the biscotti. Allow to set for one hour.
- [url href=”https://www.evermine.com/labels/preview/SPVL07-11/”][img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/IMG_0065.jpg” width=”680″ height=”453″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Homemade Pumpkin Biscotti | Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”][/url]
Used In This Project:
More Edible Gift Ideas:
Cinnamon and Pumpkin Spice Marshmallows Salted Caramels Humongous CD Case Cookies Mini Apple Cupcakes
Shop Our Food/Craft Collection: