Good quality olive oil and sweet, aged balsamic vinegar, swished with herbs makes a luxuriously rich and flavorful bread dip. By making the herb mix in advance, you can hurry along the process and never have to let an oven-warmed loaf wait in vain. Even better, make a bunch and you will have some to give as gifts!
This recipe uses all dry ingredients so that you can store it or give it as a gift. You simply need to add the herbs to olive oil and vinegar before serving.
- 1/2 cup oregano
- 1/2 cup basil
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup rosemary
- 1/2 cup dehydrated garlic
- 1/2 cup dehydrated onion
- 1/4 cup kosher salt (or according to your taste)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup red pepper flakes
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/IMG_5246.jpg” width=”680″ height=”450″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Italian Herb Seasoning Mix | Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”][/url]
- Mix all spices together in a bowl and divide between 4 tin-tie bags.
- [url href=”https://www.evermine.com/labels/shape-TL03/”][img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/IMG_5270.jpg” width=”680″ height=”453″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Italian Herb Seasoning Gifts | Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”][/url]
- Make a label with these instructions:
- “Fill a shallow bowl with extra virgin olive oil. Drizzle in good quality balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle seasoning throughout. Swish the dish to mix.”
- [url href=”https://www.evermine.com/labels/shape-SP07/”][img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/IMG_5253.jpg” width=”680″ height=”453″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Italian Herb Mix Gifts | Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”][/url]
Used In This Project:
More Gift Ideas:
Popcorn Seasoning Kit DIY Homemade Taco Seasoning Pickling Spice Blend Rustic Spice Rub
Shop Our Food/Craft Collection: