A brief glance at my blog posts here so far would reveal my love of mailing things. So it’s no surprise that I am super excited about the new line of invitations being offered by My Own Labels, for what do you do with invitations but mail them!
One thing that I find very exciting about mailing letters is making the outside of the envelope look as beautiful as possible. I want my letter to be the first that the receiver opens- top of the mail pile. I want the envelope to be so eye catching, that just from glancing at it a person can tell that this is no bill, no advertisement, no ordinary letter. Different colored envelopes can do that and so can mailing labels!
One of my least favorite parts of writing letters is copying out the mailing address to the sendee. It is tedious and I am rarely able to make the handwritten address look appealing. I have, however, found a way to make this chore not only entertaining but beautiful every time with My Own Labels. I ordered large rectangular labels, leaving the center blank and having the words : “Please Deliver to…” printed at the top. Then I carefully wrote the address onto each label. These are no bland, impersonal, printed at home labels- they match our invitation styles perfectly and you still have the feel of personalization as you hand write each address.
The labels allow one’s handwriting to be less than perfect and the address is still, if not gorgeous, not the thing that people will first look at. And If you choose to go with dark colored envelopes these labels will give you a light surface for the addresses to show up on.
- Luxe Style Wedding Invitations • I chose the color sky together with black envelopes.
- Luxe Style Rectangular Labels • I chose the color sky.
- Luxe Style Address Labels • I chose the color sky.
- Luxe Style Oval Labels • I chose the oval shape in the color sky for my envelope seals.
- Custom Postage Stamps
- Filigree Style Wedding Invitations • I chose the color tuxedo together with silver envelopes.
- Filigree Style Rectangular Labels • I chose the color tuxedo.
- Filigree Style Address Labels • I chose the color tuxedo.
- Filigree Style Scallop Labels • I chose the scallop shape in the color tuxedo for my envelope seals.