Aside from chips and salsa and brie and crackers, popcorn is my favorite snack of all time. I’ll take it air popped or microwave popped – I’m not picky. Since receiving an air popper this past December for my birthday, I’ve been excited to make our own popcorn, kettle corn… you name it.
Dessert popcorns have become really popular, and they are all over Pinterest, but I had yet to try it. So, I thought for 4th of July, why not make a really simple dessert-style Patriotic Popcorn. I envision the evening sky getting dark, and the adults preparing fireworks while the little kids sit on blankets sprawled out over the grass, reaching into their little goodie bags of sweet white chocolate popcorn and M&M’s in anticipation for the coming light show.
I know my kids like to have snacks during the firework shows, and I just think these really easy popcorn bags are so perfect. They can wander around and eat them, and still socialize with all the friends and family that have come to celebrate our country’s independence. A dessert/snack on the go like this is the perfect non-fuss treat to guarantee happy faces all around.
- 6-7 cup popcorn, popped
- 1½ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup each red and blue M&M’s
- In a double boiler, melt the white chocolate till smooth and silky over low heat. Line a 9x13 cookie sheet with wax paper and spread the popped popcorn over it.
- Drizzle the melted white chocolate over the popcorn, and using a spatula, gently toss the popcorn in the white chocolate to make sure the it has evenly coated the popcorn. Sprinkle the M&M’s over the popcorn and allow the white chocolate to set for 15-20 minutes. Store in an airtight container.
Used In This Project:
- Scallop Hang Tags • I chose the “Swiss Dots” style in the color sky.
- Cellophane Bags • I chose the medium size.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE 4TH OF JULY COLLECTION >