With all the family that came to celebrate baby Gloria’s first birthday, it was sure to be a smash hit. Add to that the creative efforts of Gloria’s mom, Janine, and you have the makings of a solid gold party!
I love a good birthday party, and I don’t mind saying that I do really appreciate all of the work that goes into creating a theme. Decoration, food and music aside, my absolute favorite thing about Gloria’s first birthday was that there wasn’t a hint of pink anywhere! I have nothing against pink, but I was delighted at the sophistication of the gold, black, and white party decor and music-themed foods. These ideas could be translated from a first birthday to a ninety-ninth and everywhere in-between.
The food table was the backdrop for the theme, with a cloud of balloons, a wall of gold streamers, chalkboard pennants…
…and black and white photos of the Little Miss taken every month from her birth day to first birthday.
The food was labeled with table cards and kitschy music title riffs like “Sweet Dreams Are Made Of Cheese,” and “Strawberry Fields Forever.”
Gift bags set on the table thanked guests for their love and support by sending them home with CDs of Gloria’s favorite tunes plus a maraca and a few other music-themed mementos.
For children, whistles, shakers, drums and tambourines would all be great items to send home in the gift bags.
The cake was covered in clouds of whipped cream for Gloria to smash and smear all over herself, an activity that was both hilarious and delicious for the birthday girl. Black plates and cups with party labels added to the festivities, while guests helped themselves to white grape juice with blueberries and citrus water, and sipped with gold star (or stripe) paper straws.
The guest of honor had those same gold stars on her tights and a smile on her face, but how could she not be smiling? She was surrounded by such a large group of loved ones that she surely had a birthday fitting for crossing into the magical world of toddlerhood.
Happy birthday, Gloria.
Used In This Project:
- Scallop Hang Tags • I chose the “Modern Geometric” style in black and gold.
- Circle Hang Tags • I chose the “Modern Geometric” style in black and gold.
- Circle Labels • I chose the “Modern Geometric” style in black and gold.
- CD Labels • I chose the “Modern Geometric” style in black and gold.
- Rectangle Labels • I chose the “Modern Geometric” style in black and gold.
- Large Labels • I chose the “Modern Geometric” style in black and gold.
- Place Cards • I chose the “Modern Geometric” style in black and gold.
- Gift Totes • I chose the white color.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE BIRTHDAY COLLECTION >