Homemade cocktails in a jar!
Apple Pie Moonshine
Author: Sarah Johnson
Type: Beverage (alcoholic)
- 1 Gallon Apple cider
- 1 Gallon Apple juice
- 3 cups of granulated sugar
- 8-10 whole cinnamon sticks
- 1 liter of Everclear
- To start out you'll need a large stockpot. The one I used was 5 gallons and it was pretty full.
- Combine ingredients in the stockpot, stir well, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for at least an hour. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Stir in 1 liter of Everclear, and if you want a more authentic taste you can also add a jar of corn whisky, which you can find at most liqueur stores nowadays.
- I sanitized my jars in the dishwasher, which is a fast and safe way to ensure your jars are clean. Fill each jar with moonshine mix and a couple cinnamon sticks to add appeal. After sealing the jars, clean and dry them before adding your labels.
- Everyone who has received a jar so far has asked for more, so I will probably be making more again next year. Merry Christmas everyone and remember to drink responsibly!
Used In This Project:
More Cocktail Ideas:
Candy Cane Cooler Almond Liqueur Orange Bitters Tom and Jerry Holiday Drink
Shop Our Food/Craft Collection: