The warm glow of candlelight is so very romantic, isn’t it? As the summer turns to autumn, doesn’t it seem that the light outdoors is that of a flickering candle? The colors of fallen leaves are so bright and fiery, as the sun sits low in the sky bathing every surface in golden light.
It’s that feeling that I wanted to capture for these candles. Something that celebrates the romance of the season and celebrates its earthiness.
- Wide mouth pint mason jars
- Burlap ribbon
- Spray adhesive
- Hot glue and hot glue gun
- Fallen leaves
- Jute twine
- Cut a length of burlap ribbon to wrap around the mason jar. Use spray adhesive to glue the ribbon to the jar.
- Use a hot glue gun to add decorative leaves to the burlap. Just a tiny dab will not hurt the leaves.
- Wrap twine around the candle and add a monogram tag to personalize it.
I wanted to add to the theme of the season by printing off a favorite quote for autumn:
“Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree.”
I added this tag to a larger mason jar filled with balls wrapped with twine. This trio would be a lovely centerpiece at a fall wedding or event.
Used In This Project:
More Autumn Inspired Ideas:
Fall Recipes and Entertaining Ideas Spiced Chai Concentrate Autumn Leaf Cookies Winter Squash Soup in a Jar
Shop Our Food/Craft Collection: