It’s been over a year since avocado aioli, an amazingly delicious, surprisingly vegan party dip appeared at SweetAllium.com. At the time, I mentioned the allure of its creamy-lemony-garlicky flavor profile, and its ability to enrapture other guests should you bring it to a dinner party. Yes, yes, it’s amazing.
Today I want to show how a little freezer space and a couple Evermine products can elevate a simple dip to a very charming, informative and convenient party contribution.
The last time I submitted to a hankering for avocado aioli, I quadrupled the recipe and stored the copious leftovers in 8-ounce wide-mouth jars. These jars are particularly great for dips because the wide mouth and short stature allow for a chip or a sliced veggie to reach almost every corner of the jar. Along with a lid label and a hang tag, the getup looks super professional, and yes, very charming. I included the ingredients on the hang tag so that guests at potlucks, dinner parties and barbeques can easily tell what is in this dip (vegans and people with food allergies, rejoice!).
The last trick to making this dip work for you is to store it in the freezer and yank it out at least 8 hours before your event. This way, you’ll have a party contribution on hand at all times. I recommend prepping the hang tags ahead of the time by fastening string to each one, and then tucking them away someplace near the freezer; avocado aioli may freeze well, but hang tags don’t. Simply tie the hang tags onto the jar after the aioli has defrosted on the day you want to use it.
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 head of garlic
- 1/2 medium sized ripe avocado
- juice of one meyer lemon
- 1/2 bunch of parlsley, chopped coarsely
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/DSC00022.jpg” width=”680″ height=”510″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Avocado Aioli | Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”]
- In a food processor, first blend together the sunflower seeds, salt, garlic and olive oil — the things that you wouldn’t want to chomp down on in a dip. If you need some more volume for the food processor to do its work, add a little of the avocado and some of the lemon juice. Once this is blended as smoothly as possible, add the rest of the avocado half and the lemon and combine. Lastly, add the parsley and blend until it is well-chopped but not pulverized. Makes enough for 3-4 people to devour in minutes with chips or carrots. Also, freezes well!
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/DSC00032.jpg” width=”680″ height=”567″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Avocado Aioli | Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”]
Used In This Project:
- Circle Labels • I chose the “Modern Museo” style in mint.
- Fancy Diamond Hang Tag • I chose the “Modern Museo” style in mint.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE FOOD AND BEVERAGE COLLECTION >