Embroidery is one of my favorite hobbies. I always like to have a small lap project when watching a movie or TV show at night, and embroidery is the perfect fit as you can pick it up and put it down at any time. My friend’s baby shower is coming up in a few weeks and I thought small initial hoop art would make for a unique, handmade gift for her nursery, as well as thank you gifts for her guests. It’s budget friendly, simple to make and easy to display on a wall or a small easel.
- Embroidery hoops (I used small 4” hoops)
- Cotton fabric (choose coordinating patterns/colors)
- Felt (choose colors that match the cotton fabric)
- Embroidery floss (choose colors that match the felt or choose contrasting colors for a different look)
- Alphabet template
- Iron and ironing board
- Sewing needle and pins
- Sewing scissors
- Printer and copy paper
- Craft scissors and x-acto knife
- For step-by-step instructions visit Adventures-In-Making.com
Used In This Project:
- Oval Hang Tags • I chose the “Twinkle Twinkle” style in cappuccino.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE BABY SHOWER COLLECTION >