Who wants a hug, a big bear hug?! I do, I do! This Valentines Day, why don’t we all give our loved ones a big bear hug and bear hug cookies, too, because who doesn’t love a good hug from someone they love and care about?
These Bear Hug sugar cookies were inspired by my gingerbread men and candy cane idea. They are just as easy to make and really fun to give because they are a treat within a treat.
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened to room temperature)
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups of flour
- heart shaped lollipops
- wooden barbecue skewers
- bear shaped cookie cutter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream butter and sugar in a mixer or with a fork
- Add egg and vanilla extract then beat until combined
- In a separate bowl, combine baking powder and flour
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until dough forms.
- Divide dough into workable portions. Lightly flour a flat working space and roll out the dough to ¼ inch thickness.
- Using a bear shaped cookie cutter, cut out your cookies and place them on a lined baking sheet.
- Give the bear cookies eyes and a mouth by using the end of one of the wooden skewers.
- Take a wooden skewer and cut it into 4 pieces with a pair of scissors. Place one of the wooden skewer pieces on the bear arm and then fold the arm down until the bear looks like it's holding the skewer. Continue for the rest of the cookies
- Bake for 8-10 mins. Using a spatula, carefully move the cookies onto a cooling rack. Once the cookies are completely cooled, carefully remove the skewers.
- Finish by sliding heart shaped lollipops into the bear arm or other treats on a stick.
Used In This Project:
- Heart-Shaped Labels • I chose the “Swing” style in radiant orchid.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE VALENTINE’S DAY COLLECTION >