Super delicious cookies baked by a super proud mom. Ok, so when my 16 year old son told me he wanted to bike across America, I prayed he would change his mind and take up something less stressful for me. Something like pottery? Sewing? Cooking? But there was no talking him out of this.
Schneur, the youngest rider out of 11 boys joining Investors Bank Bike4Friendship, a Jewish organization that supports families with special needs children, began his journey in San Diego. 6 weeks-straight, 100-mile-per-day (except for Saturdays), ending in Manhattan, raising money for special needs children! So proud, so excited and so impressed with his dedication, devotion and determination.
Schneur is riding in honor of his 9 year old brother with special needs, and I just can’t wait to meet him at the finish line! And what better way to celebrate all the cyclists than to send them homemade cookies with a personalized label featuring their group photo taken at the start of their ride in San Diego?
These cookies can be made into miniature sized cookies using a mini scoop, or you can make them super large by using the large scoop found here. No doubt, these were appreciated by all, and baked with love for my son in admiration for this special challenge. Go Schneur! We are cheering you on all the way.
To read more about Bike4Friendship, please visit https://www.bike4friendship.org. And to read about the beginning of Schneur’s Bike 4 Friendship journey, click here.
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (120 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) (115 grams) Earth Balance margarine, cold, cut into 1/2-inch (1cm) pieces
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups (175 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups (200 grams) semisweet chocolate chips
- Adjust the oven rack to the top third of the oven and preheat to 300F (150C). Line three baking sheets with parchment paper.
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/IMG_5504.jpg” width=”680″ height=”510″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Bike 4 Friendship Cookies”]
- Beat the sugars and butters together until smooth. Mix in the egg, vanilla, and baking soda.
- Stir together the flour, then mix them into the batter. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/IMG_5506.jpg” width=”680″ height=”907″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Bike 4 Friendship Chocolate Chip Cookies | Evermine Occasions | www.evermine.com”]
- Scoop the cookie dough into 2-tablespoon (5cm) balls and place 8 balls, spaced 4 inches (10cm) apart, on each of the baking sheets.
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until pale golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/IMG_5606.jpg” width=”680″ height=”907″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Bike 4 Friendship Chocolate Chip Cookies | Evermine Occasions | www.evermine.com”]
- Package and store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Used In This Project:
- Large Labels • I chose the “Vintage Burlap” style in burlap basic.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE FOOD AND BEVERAGE COLLECTION >