I was asked to put together favors for a friend’s bridal shower, and decided to whip up a large batch of my favorite bath salts. I’ve been experimenting with Epsom salts lately because I’ve been suffering from sore muscles. You may not know this but Epsom salt isn’t really salt. It’s actually a naturally occurring pure mineral compound of magnesium and sulfate. You can learn all about the health benefits of Epsom salt here.
- One pint-sized mason jar full of dried chamomile flowers, ground into powder (I grew these flowers in my garden plot at work a few years ago, but you can substitute dried flowers by opening and emptying chamomile tea bags.)
- 3-4 drops of Lavender essential oil (You can also use dried lavender flower buds ground into powder. Unfortunately, my buds weren’t dry enough to ground, so I used the oil instead – or you could use both!)
- 2 Large Bags of Epsom Salt
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/bathsalt11.jpg” width=”680″ height=”515″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Lavender and Chamomile Epsom Salts | The Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”][/url]
- Mix all ingredients in a large ceramic or glass bowl until well combined. Store in an airtight container.
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/bathsalt14.jpg” width=”680″ height=”510″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Lavender and Chamomile Epsom Salts | The Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”][/url]
I found a pair of glass jars with lavender colored lids on sale at Micheal’s craft store, and Evermine’s wine and bottled water labels looked so beautiful on them. I presented the bath salts on a table at the shower, and allowed guests to fill their own organza bags. The bags were the perfect size for one bath worth of salt, and everyone complimented me on the presentation and the fabulous smell coming from the table. I told them: just wait! You’re gonna love it even more when your soaking in a hot chamomile lavender bath!
Used In This Project:
More Bath and Body Gift Ideas:
Homemade Chamomile Salve Vanilla-Coconut Sugar Scrub Spa in a Jar Pedicure in a Jar
Shop Our Bath & Body Collection: