This simple recipe is definitely worth it. Here’s why:
- Makes nuts yummier in a taste-it-to-believe-it kind of way
- Keeps in the fridge for several months
- Makes impressive and unique gifts, when dressed up (in labels)
– Large bowl
– Hang tags
- 4 cups Pecans, Walnuts or Almonds
- Filtered water to cover the nuts
- 2 teaspoons salt (or 1 tablespoon salt if using almonds)
- Combine the nuts, water and salt. Stir a couple times after a few minutes to be sure the dissolved salt is incorporated throughout the water.
- Soak for at least 7 hours or overnight.
- Drain and rinse the nuts several times.
- Distribute the nuts evenly onto dehydrator trays and dehydrate for 1-3 days, until the nuts have a crisp crunch.
These nuts are impressive! Take it a few steps further to make them swoonworthy:
- Pick out a container to package your nuts in. Canning jars work wonderfully.
- Visit evermine.com to select labels and hang tags that will fit your packaging in your favorite style with YOUR words and maybe even your own images.
- Dress up your packaging with your custom labels and tags. Your nuts have gotten a makeover!
- Enjoy the oohs, ahhs, and crunches when you give out your fabulous homemade gifts!