Impress your guests with these beautiful DIY champagne glasses that they can use to toast the bride and groom before taking them home at the end of the night! And while you’re at it, kill two birds with one stone by using the glasses as place cards for your guests at each table. Read on to see the tutorial on how to decorate these fabulous stems.
TIP: Use different color ribbon or bakers twine to indicate which dish the guest ordered. Example: navy ribbon=chicken, white ribbon=steak.
- Champagne glass for each guest
- Ribbon or bakers twine
- [url href=”https://www.evermine.com/wedding_favor-tags/preview/HTJU09-33/” target=”_blank”]Personalized favor tags[/url]
- Mod Podge (dishwasher safe version recommended)
- A ziplock bag (optional)
- Painters tape
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/champagne-favors1.jpg” width=”680″ height=”1019″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Champagne Favors | Evermine Weddings | evermine.com”]
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/champagne-favors2.jpg” width=”680″ height=”909″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Champagne Favors | Evermine Weddings | evermine.com”]
- Wrap painters tape halfway down the stem.
- Paint on mod podge, covering the entire bottom half of the stem and the top of the stand.
- Shake glitter onto glass (Tip: Keep the glitter contained by holding the glass over a ziplock bag).
- Once dry, paint a second coat of mod podge over the glitter.
- Add another coat of glitter.
- Seal the glitter with a third coat of mod podge.
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/champagne-glasses-favors_0001.jpg” width=”680″ height=”453″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Champagne Glass Favors | Evermine Weddings | www.evermine.com”]
Used In This Project:
- Oval Hang Tags • I chose the “Jubilation” style in tuxedo.