As I prepare for Chanukah, I will be hosting a dreidel cookie bake-a-thon where each guest will receive their own take-home rolling pin with the cutest matching tags: Chanukah miracles on a roll! Yup, that’s what it’s all about. Recognizing and seeing the miracles in our every day life. The miracle of Chanukah reminds us to take those precious moments and be grateful for them.
This recipe for brownie roll out cookies is awesome. It has fantastic texture, keeps its shape and is really my new favorite, no-fail cookie dough. So definitely try this recipe, roll out some miracles, taste some dreidel cookies & celebrate. Happy Chanukah!
(Rolling pins are actually rhythm sticks: they can be purchased here.)
- 3 cups (375 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 grams) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (225 grams) butter, softened (I used Earth Balance Margarine)
- 1 1/2 (300 grams) cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Whisk flour, salt and baking powder in bowl and set aside. Mix butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and cocoa in mixer. Gradually add flour mixture, and mix until smooth. Wrap in plastic and chill for at least one hour.
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/IMG_26051.jpg” width=”680″ height=”907″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Driedel Cookies Recipe | Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”][/url]
- Roll out cookie dough on floured counter. Cut into desired shapes, brushing extra deposits of flour off the top. (It does disappear once baked, though, so don’t overly fret if they go into the oven looking white.) Bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 8 to 11 minutes (the former for 1/8-inch thick cookies, the latter for 1/4-inch cookies) until the edges are firm and the centers are slightly soft and puffed.
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/IMG_26121.jpg” width=”680″ height=”907″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Brownie Roll-Out Driedel Cookies | Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”][/url]
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!
Used In This Project:
- Oval Hang Tags • I chose the “Vintage Kraft” style in kraft basic.
More Chanukah Gift Ideas:
Gelt Envelopes for Chanukah Chanukah Menorah Gifts Homemade Latkes Hanukkah Coin Favor Boxes
Shop Our Hanukkah Collection: