Do you LOVE cherries? You’ll love this easy and impressive project:
- Capture the flavor of cherries in this syrup that is amazing on everything from pancakes to ice cream to fizzy water.
- Super simple and easy recipe.
- Add labels and sweet jars to turn your syrup into an unforgettable gift!
Materials and tools:
- Large cook pot
- Swing top bottles
- Funnel that fits into your bottles
- Charming personalized labels and hang tags that fit your bottles well (Using the Elements Watermark style you can customize almost everything about your labels: color, words, font, icon and icon color.)
Cherry Syrup! Smart + Simple DIY Gifts
- 4 cups cherries, pitted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- Rind of one lemon in large pieces
- Combine all the ingredients in a large pot and bring to a slow boil.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool for several minutes, removing the lemon rinds.
- Blend the mixture until smooth.
- Funnel the syrup into swing top bottles.
- Label the bottles, and tie on an adorable hang tag.
- Your summertime gifts are ready to wow your friends and fellow cherry lovers! The syrup should keep for several days if refrigerated.