Chaim Boruch is our special needs 8 year old. He is full of love, laughter and life, and has taught our family and those that work with him about dedication, gratitude and taking the time to appreciate the little things in life. He has many challenges, and yet his infectious smile and beautiful nature are inspiring.
To say thank you to his teachers, therapists, classroom aids and his entire team of support, I decided to bake these delicious cupcakes decorated with personalized labels to really make our appreciation stand out. There’s something special about giving a gift that is home baked, and, for me, every ingredient was mixed, measured and poured with the utmost respect and appreciation for those extra special people in our life who work tirelessly with our special son.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1¾ cup flour
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk (I have used coconut creamer and almond milk for a non-dairy version)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cupcake pans with cupcake liners (makes about 28 - 32 cupcakes)
- Combine sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl, mix until well blended. Add milk, oil, vanilla and eggs and beat at medium speed, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Fold in the boiling water with a spoon or spatula and pour into cupcake liners. (I use a measuring cup to scoop batter from bowl and pour, as the batter is very liquidy.)
- Bake for 15 - 18 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Package each cupcake in a favor box with a personalized label from Evermine.
Used In This Project:
- Circle Labels • I chose the “Vintage Kraft” style in kraft periwinkle.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE BIRTHDAY COLLECTION >