Why not make a resolution this 2013 to pamper your lips? The cold winter air and indoor heat are undoubtedly drying them out. This lip balm is a luscious treat for the chocolate lover without any of those pesky calories. Cocoa butter is ultra moisturizing and because it melts at body temperature, it is readily absorbed into the skin. The mint essential oils will add a cooling tingle to this luxurious lip balm.
Chocolate Mint Lip Balm
• 1 tbsp cocoa butter
• 1 tbsp sweet almond oil
• 1 tbsp castor oil
• 1 tbsp grated beeswax
• ½ tsp carnauba wax
• 8 drops peppermint essential oil
• 7 drops spearmint essential oil
• ½ tsp cocoa powder
1. Melt the cocoa butter, oils and waxes in the double boiler.
2. Remove from heat, add essential oils, and blend well.
3. Pour into lip balm tubes. Fill each tube halfway full and let cool slightly. This will set the bottom of the tube so that a hole doesn’t form in the top of the lip balm when cooled. Before the tubes are starting to set, fill the rest of the way, so there is a convex curve on the top being careful not to spill over the edges. When the lip balm cools, it will shrink so it should end up having a flat top. If you need to even out the top, a heat gun works really well.
4. Decorate your tubes with a personalized label for a unique gift to share with friends and family.
More Handmade Gift Ideas:
Herb Infused Vinegars Pinecone Fire Starters Coconut Oil Salve