A super simple recipe for such a fancy treat.
Just because something looks elegant and sounds fancy doesn’t mean it has to be difficult to make. These flaky and sweet Cinnamon Palmiers are everything you want in a French pastry: sugar, butter, and more sugar. If you can find a good frozen all-butter puff pastry, then you just need two more ingredients to make them.
• All-butter puff pastry
1. Thaw frozen puff pastry in the fridge overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
3. On a non-stick pastry mat, pour about 1 cup of sugar in the centre. Spread it around with your hands and roll out a square of puff pastry on the sugar.
4. Sprinkle sugar evenly on the top to cover the pastry and then sprinkle cinnamon. Form the palmiers shape by rolling the two sides towards the centre creating two long rolls that meet in the middle. Put the pastry in the freezer to firm up for 15 minutes.
5. Remove from the freezer and cut the rolls into 3/4″ slices and lay out on a parchment covered baking sheet. Press the palmiers down a bit to flatten them and sprinkle with–you guessed it–more sugar!
6. Bake for about 6 minutes, or until the pastry has browned and the sugar has melted. The high heat is necessary for the sugar to melt and form a candy on the cookies.[printfriendly]
More Edible Gift Ideas:
Sesame Seed Candies Lemon Pudding Cakes Homemade Jello Cookies Cardamom and Pistachio Biscotti
Shop Our Food/Craft Collection: