Have I mentioned how much I love party planning? My friend Samantha is having a little girl and wanted to have a circus theme shower in her honor. I, of course, jumped in to help with the preparations.
The circus theme was a lot of fun to create. I made a fun polka dot backdrop, and we served pink lemonade and old-fashioned candy popcorn. The Circus style from Evermine was a perfect fit and Samantha loved the pink and green color combination.
- ⅔ cup popcorn kernels, popped
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup half and half
- 1 tbsp light corn syrup
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Food coloring
- Candy thermometer
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Pour popped popcorn into a large mixing bowl, set aside. In a saucepan whisk together sugar, half and half, corn syrup and salt. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until sugar has dissolved. Heat mixture to 232 degrees, stirring occasionally. Once it reached 232 degrees, remove from heat and mix in the vanilla and food coloring. I recommend adding a few drops of coloring at a time until you get the color you want.
- Drizzle mixture over popcorn. Gently stir until mixture is evenly coated. Pour onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Stir popcorn mixture well, and then bake for another 6-8 minutes. Be careful not to over-bake. You don’t want your popcorn to lose its pretty color and turn brown.
I packaged up my popcorn in cellophane bags decorated with Circus style labels and tags from Evermine.
Used In This Project:
- Circle Labels • I chose the “Circus” style in pale pink.
- Scallop Hang Tags • I chose the “Circus” style in pale pink.
- Large Oval Labels • I chose the “Circus” style in pale pink.
- Bottle Collar Labels • I chose the “Circus” style in pale pink.
- Placecards • I chose the “Circus” style in pale pink.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE BABY SHOWER COLLECTION >