Sometimes we come across a recipe idea that’s so cute and simple that we have to share, and these confetti cookies are the perfect example. If you’ve been following us for awhile, you’ll know that we love collecting edible favor ideas for parties, weddings and all kinds of events, and not only do these confetti cookies make you want to celebrate, but they are so customizable that we envision them being used in tons of different ways. Throwing a 4th of July party? Make them with red, white and blue sprinkles. Hosting a Halloween bash? Use orange, black and brown!
No matter what the event, you can pair these cookies with our personalized labels (we like to use these small rectangle labels) in any style, and our small cellophane bags for a favor your guests will love. Be sure to check out our packaging tutorial for these cookies below the recipe.
- 2 sticks cold salted butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 2 heaping tablespoons of sprinkles
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the butter and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and the cornstarch. Add to the butter mixture, and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Add the sprinkles and mix until just incorporated, being careful not to overmix.
- Spread a sheet of plastic wrap out on the counter and pour the contents of your bowl in the center. Combine the dough into a ball, cover with the plastic wrap, and press down into a disc. Refrigerate the disc of dough for 20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Remove disc from refrigerator and unwrap from the plastic. Lightly flour you work surface, and with a lightly floured rolling pin, roll the dough out until it's ¼-inch thick.
- Using a circle cookie cutter (ours was 2-inches in diameter), cut your cookie shapes out of the dough and place on a silpat-lined cookie sheet. Gather the remaining dough up into a ball and roll out flat with your rolling pin so you can cut more cookie shapes.
- Place your cookie sheet in your preheated oven for 14 minutes, or until the edges just start to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and place cookies on a cooling rack until room temperature. Store in an airtight container.
To package your cookies, you’ll need:
Cut your white cardstock into 2.6″ x 2.6″ strips. Fold in half. Place two cookies in each cellophane bag, and fold the top of the bag down. Place cardstock over the fold and staple the sides together. Cover staple with personalized rectangle labels, and they’re ready to give as gifts! Enjoy.
Used In This Project:
- Small Rectangle Labels • I chose the “Joy of Scrolls” style in mint.
- Cellophane Bags • I chose the medium size.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE FOOD AND BEVERAGE COLLECTION >