Maybe Eggnog is one of your holiday favorites but Coquito is even yummier! Here’s how to make a batch of ultra rich, creamy, coconutty goodness. It’s super quick and easy; just blend everything up and chill until you’re ready to serve. Treat guests to this delicious Puerto Rican beverage that could easily become a new tradition at your house.
2 egg yolks
1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
1 (14 oz) can cream of coconut like Coco Lopez
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
½ cup white rum
½ cup water
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ tsp vanilla
Small dish of white sugar
Dash of nutmeg
- Blend all ingredients on high until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Pour into tall pitcher and refrigerate, covered, until very cold, about one hour.
- Give the coquito a good stir before pouring; the spices tend to settle.
- Rub the edge of drink glasses with the cut lemon, then dip in sugar.
- Serve cold: pour into sugar-rimmed glasses, sprinkle with nutmeg and serve with a cinnamon stick.
Makes six 8-ounce drinks.