According to Kami McBride, master herbalist, women have between 350 and 500 periods in their lifetime. That’s a lot! Menstruation is, of course, a sign of good health, but for some women it’s hard to believe with the amount of symptoms associated with PMS. Menstruation is not supposed to be a sickness, but rather a nurturer and giver of life. Because we live in a go-go-go society, it’s almost impossible to make time each month to honor and support the inward energy that menstruation gives to a woman’s body.
There are many herbal remedies that can help us women work with, instead of fight, against the natural rhythms of our bodies. Each month when you begin your menstruation, try to give yourself time for extra rest. Take an herbal bath, use your own essential oil blend to help ease painful cramps and drink this nourishing herbal tea blend.
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon dandelion root
- 1 tablespoon chamomile
- 1 tablespoon cramp bark
- 1 teaspoon rose hips
- 1 teaspoon raspberry leaf
- 1 teaspoon ginger root
- Combine the herbs and store in an airtight container.
- To make, combine the tea and water in a saucepan. With the lid on, bring the herbs to a boil and then turn off the heat. Let the herbs continue to steep for two hours. Strain into a mason jar and store in the refrigerator until ready to drink.
- You can sweeten the tea with honey and drink either hot or cold. I like to make a double batch of this tea when my period begins to drink during the first 3 days of my cycle.
Used In This Project:
- Circle Labels • I chose the “Katniss” style in deep coral.
- Designer Address Labels • I chose the “Katniss” style in deep coral.
SHOP OUR FOOD AND CRAFT COLLECTION >