I will admit, I’m a bit of a crazy cat lady. There’s just something about those moody, independent fur-balls that I can’t seem to get enough of. That’s why I decided to whip up some homemade cat treats for my favorite felines, Simba (the fat orange tabby) and Dinah (the tiny brown tabby).
After the treats cooled from the oven, Simba graciously volunteered to pose for the camera while doing the all-important taste test. Dinah is much more camera shy, so you’ll just have to settle for Simba’s two paws up review!
- 1 (5 oz) can tuna in water, drained
- ½ cup oat flour*
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 heaping tablespoon catnip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processer with the blade attachment. Blend until mixture is smooth.
- Roll into small ½ teaspoon balls and place onto the parchment. Press a finger each ball to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until they are slightly browned. Cool completely before surprising your kitty with a treat made just for them!
Used In This Project:
- Circle Labels • I chose the “Neue Retro” style in warm grey.
- Circle Tags • I chose the “Neue Retro” style in warm grey.