Cupcakes are one of my favorite treats and are a fun alternative to a typical birthday cake. It’s easy to choose your favorite cake mix, frosting and sprinkles to match your party theme and color palette. For Sarah’s Sweet 16 birthday we chose a combination of bright pink and turquoise for her dessert table. As favors, we created our own boxes of cupcake mix complete with envelopes of sprinkles, matching cupcake liners and baking instructions for her friends to take home.
Cupcake Mix Favors
Makes 6 favors
• 2 boxes of your favorite cake mix (I chose Funfetti)
• Betty Crocker Cupcake Icing (I chose Petal Pink)
• Wilton sprinkles (I chose pink sugar and blue sugar gems)
• Large white gift boxes
• Personalized rectangle labels
• Text labels
• Medium cellophane bags
• Glassine envelopes
• Personalized square labels
• Personalized small circle labels
Step one: Divide each box of cake mix into thirds and fill six cellophane bags. Fold down the flap and secure closed with a small circle label. Turn over and place a text label with baking instructions on each bag.
Step three: Place one cake mix package, sprinkle envelope and six cupcake liners into each gift box. Decorate with large rectangle labels.
To create a Sweet 16 dessert table first download, print and make a matching “Sweet 16” garland. Arrange the favor boxes on a table alongside premade cupcakes for the birthday girl and her guests to enjoy!
Used In This Project:
- Large Rectangle Labels • I chose the “Royal Suite” style in Bright Pink and Turquoise.
- Square Labels • I chose the “Royal Suite” style in Bright Pink and Turquoise.
- Small Circle Labels • I chose the “Royal Suite” style in Bright Pink and Turquoise.
- Large Gift Boxes • I chose the color white.
- Cellophane Bags • I chose the medium size.
- Glassine Envelopes • I chose the small rectangle size.
Free Printable Alphabet Garland:
Alphabet Garland (Pink) (PDF)
More Birthday Ideas:
Sugar Gems DIY Paper Lei Key Lime Mounds Wonderland Tea Party
Shop Our Birthday Collection: