My best friend is celebrating her 30th birthday this year, and she asked me to help put together a little party. She expressed that she didn’t want anything over the top; just a few close friends, some card games, and, of course, drinks.
While browsing around my favorite craft store I found the cutest pink glass bottle that matched the coasters I had made at evermine.com, so I came up with the idea of filling it with premixed shots for a birthday toast. Mixed shots are easy to make when you have a bar with all the tools and ingredients, but not everyone is lucky enough to have a bar in their home, so premixing is a great idea if you’re planning on making several shots at once.
Birthday Cake-Flavored Shots
Makes one 3 oz shot
1 oz cake flavored vodka
1 oz white chocolate liqueur
1 oz 1/2 and 1/2
A pinch of funfetti cake mix
I had no idea how much liquid the bottle I purchased would hold, so I had to do a little experimenting first. I simply filled the bottle with water and then poured the water out into a large measuring cup. It turned out that it was a little over 3 cups, so it was easy to figure out that I would need 1 cup of each ingredient. After filling the bottle I had extra ingredients, so I made another batch in an empty, clean milk jug, just in case anyone wanted another shot.
To add a little extra flare to the shots, I placed a personalized label on each one and rimmed the glasses with sprinkles. I made these about an hour before the party and placed them in the fridge on party platters. I also used the extra labels I had to decorate drinking glasses.
How To Rim Your Shot Glasses with Sprinkles:
1. Dip the rim of each glass in frosting.
2. Dip the frosting rimmed glasses in sprinkles.
3. Shake off the excess.
And here’s a few fun birthday toast ideas:
- Here’s to you and yours and mine and ours. And if mine and ours ever come across you and yours, I hope you and yours will do as much for mine and ours, as mine and ours have done for you and yours! All this to say, happy birthday!
- Let birthdays come and let birthdays go — but may your joy and wonder continue on forever. Happy birthday!
- Cheers to one more year!
Used In This Project:
- Scallop Labels • I chose the “Royal Suite” style in Bright Pink.
More DIY Birthday Ideas:
40th Birthday Liqueur Bottle Favors Handmade Confetti Launchers Cup’n Saucer Treats Football Themed Birthday
Shop Our Birthday Collection: