DIY bug spray wedding favors
Outdoor summer weddings are beautiful, especially if it includes breathtaking scenery or a serene landscape. But as with many things, these kinds of weddings have their drawbacks. One of them is definitely being exposed to the elements – specifically mosquitoes.
So create a cute and useful wedding favor for your guests. With only natural ingredients, these bug sprays are incredibly easy to make and they smell amazing. Here’s what you need:
- Mist Bottles
- Labels in size 07
- Witch hazel
- Citronella essential oil
- Lemon grass oil
- Peppermint essential oil
- A funnel
- A large jar to mix everything in
- Optional: Lavender flowers and rosemary
- Gather all your products. Order your labels and bottles at least three-four weeks before your big day to ensure you receive them on time.
- Make your DIY bug spray by mixing the essential oils and witch hazel in a clean and empty jar. We used the recipe from EatGood4Life.
- Pour the “formula” into your bottles. Use a funnel to avoid a mess!
- If you want to introduce an element of interest, cut a few pieces of lavender and rosemary and place it inside the bottles. Try doing this the day before or day of your wedding.
- Place the labels on your bottles. We used labels in the style Jubiliation in size 07.
- On your wedding day, display all your prepared bottles of bug spray on a table or a basket for guests to pick up before they sit down.