DIY Candy Filled Pumpkin Favors
These candy-filled pumpkins are so cute and fun to make. I originally got the idea from Martha Stewart’s Cherry Bomb Wedding Favor How-To. But instead of a cherry, I decided to make pumpkins for Halloween favors. I even added my own favor tags to make them more special and unique! Martha’s how-to says these are “a cinch to make” but it took a little practice for me to get the hang of it. After making 4 duds, I came up with these beauties!
Tools & Supplies:
• Orange tissue paper
• Candy (I used Reese’s Pieces)
• Covered floral wire
• Floral Tape
• Green String
• Personalized Favor Tag
1. Stack two layers of tissue paper. Using a small plate (6-8 inches in diameter is a good size), trace a circle. Cut out, cutting through both layers.
2. Place about 30 pieces of candy (fewer depending on the size of candy you use) in the center of the circle.
3. Gather the edges of the tissue up over the candy and twist together at the middle to create the stem of your pumpkin. You’ll want your ‘stem’ to be about 3/4″-1″ long. Set aside.
4. Cut a piece of covered wire about 6″ long and bend one end at a 90 degree angle that is the same length as your tissue stem.
5. Wrap the long end of the wire around a pen or pencil to create the pumpkin’s twisty vine.
6. Place the straight end of your wire at the base of your tissue stem with the twist pointing downwards (toward the ‘pumpkin’). Using floral tape, wrap tightly around the wire and all the way up the tissue stem. If you want you can add a small piece of tape at the very top of the stem (to cover the top). Keep wrapping the tape around the stem until it is completely covered (remember floral tape isn’t like normal tape. It only sticks to itself, so wrap tightly and be sure to overlap it to ensure it holds together well).
7. Lastly, I used green string to tie a personalized favor tag to the stem of each pumpkin.
- Small Diamond Favor Tags • I chose the “Casablanca” style in Deep Green.
- Cherry Bomb Wedding Favor • Check out Martha’s original how-to.
Sooooooo cute I want to have a halloween party just to give out those favors.
These would be GREAT for Fall wedding favors!
[…] Candy Filled Pumpkins οr Cherries – Tie уουr candy nepotism іntο thе season οf […]
i had a question about these favors I want to make them for my daughters class I was wondering if instead of floral stem and tape of pipe cleaners could be used please let me know I appreciate it so much thank you
Hey Nicole. You can use pipe cleaner, but it will definitely give the pumpkins a different look. You may have to tape the tissue paper closed first, too, to make sure it’s secure.
Hope that helps!