This is a really easy and fairly inexpensive do-it-yourself project that can be used for party favors. I made them for a teen’s birthday, but it can also be given at bridal showers, baby showers and even a bat mitzvah. I found inspiration for this on Pinterest, but my project is different in that I used recycled baby food jars. When my daughter was a baby, I cleaned and stored all of her little jars and over the years I have found so many uses for them.
- baby food jars and lids, clean and dry
- regular cleaning sponges (they are usually sold in packs of two and will run you about a dollar)
- fingernail polish remover
- First measure how tall your jar is, you can just hold the sponge up to the jar lengthwise to get a good estimate.
- Then cut the sponge along the top.
- Cut the large piece of sponge remaining into 1 inch pieces. (you will get about 5 pieces depending on how big your sponge is).
- Next insert three of the sponge pieces into the jar like you see in the picture above.
- Then slowly fill the jar with fingernail polish remover. Don't fill it to the top, stop at about where the glass curve meets the screw top.
- Now you have an easy to use twist and scrub nail polish remover jar. It's that easy. I used Evermine's Morocco style labels to add a personalized touch, and wrapped a fun little strand of yarn around the top of each one.
Used In This Project:
- Large Oval Labels • I chose the “Morocco” style in pale pink.
More Bath and Body Gift Ideas:
Lavender Bath Salts DIY Manicure Kit Favors Homemade Chamomile Salve Spa in a Jar
Shop Our Bath & Body Collection: