Body scrubs make a wonderful DIY gift! They don’t take a lot of effort to create, and require just few easy-to-find ingredients. Best of all, they are often much better and far less expensive than store bought scrubs.
- MARGARITA SALT SCRUB:
- 1 cup salt (you can use regular salt, kosher salt or leftover margarita salt)
- ½ cup of unrefined coconut oil
- 3-4 tablespoons tequila
- Juice of 1 small lime
- LEMON SUGAR SCRUB:
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup of olive oil (I used unrefined coconut oil instead)
- 3-4 tablespoons limoncello
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- Begin by measuring out the exfoliate (the salt or sugar – depending which recipe you've chosen) and emptying it into a small mixing bowl.
- In another small, microwave-safe bowl you will warm up the coconut oil for about 20-30 seconds (until it becomes liquid)
- Juice the lemon or lime and add into the bowl of sugar
- Add the alcohol and coconut oil into the sugar bowl
- Stir mixture
- Note: You can make adjustments as you go by adding more juice for a stronger citrus scent. Another option is to add more exfoliate for a drier, more heavily textured scrub, or more coconut oil for a smoother version.
For more body scrub recipes, be sure to check out the lovely DIY beauty site Hello Glow. You’ll find lots of great information there on the benefits of many of the different bases, liquids and add-ins you can use.