This year, my most favorite niece in the whole world turns one. She will be having a “Royal Birthday,” complete with lots of gold and pink decor – my sister-in-law has gone out of her way to make sure this princess party will be one to remember. As her aunt and godmother, I wanted to do a little something extra special for my niece.
When I think royal and gold and princess, I think sparkle and glitter. I made my glitter candles for my niece in a trio of colors – gold, copper and silver. I then wrapped them up with a custom tag that says, “Paige you were born to Sparkle!”
- glue dots
- Cotton candle wicks with tabs
- Medium saucepan
- Soy wax
- Candle making pitcher (or 4-cup measuring glass)
- Small glass jars (I used small Mason jars)
- Martha Stewart Glitter (or any fine glitter)
- Secure the cotton wick tabs to the inside bottom of your glass using glue dots (or double-stick tape).
- Pour water into your saucepan until it is 2” high, then place on the stove over medium heat.
- Add 1 lb soy wax into a candle making pitcher. Then place pitcher in saucepan until the wax is melted.
- Once the wax melts, remove from heat and carefully pour wax into candle jars.
- Right away, while the wax is still nice and warm, pour tons of glitter into each candle jar. The glitter is lighter than the candle wax and will sit right on top of it – but at the same time it will blend into the wax.
- Keep shaking and adding more glitter to the top of your candle until you are satisfied with the coverage. It will gently spread across the top of the wax to create a beautiful layer of glitter. If you feel like the glitter isn’t reaching the edges, give the candle a little swirl and the glitter should work it’s way to the edges.
- Once the soy wax has dried completely, snip the tops of your wicks to about ¼” height. Let the candles set for at least 24 hours before burning.
Used In This Project:
- Scallop Hang Tags • I chose the “Signature Script” style in grapefruit.
- Cellophane Bags • I chose the medium size.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE FOOD AND CRAFT COLLECTION >