Confession – I am a nutrition fact label junkie. Now that I am a Mom, I am constantly reading food labels when I go grocery shopping and I am “that person” who stands and reads every label before throwing it into my cart. I am always trying to select the least processed foods to feed my son. I was really surprised to find that a lot of store-bought taco seasoning mixes out there are full of preservatives, artificial colors, and flour (making them not gluten-free).
So in an effort to avoid all of those things, I decided to make my own homemade taco seasoning! I found a recipe on Pinterest and made a giant batch of it. I doubled the recipe twice to get 6 small jars of taco seasoning. It’s easy, pretty cheap, and perfect for gifting to your taco-loving friends. Most of my friends are obsessed with Mexican food – I blame all the Taco Tuesday nights we enjoyed in our college years.
- 3 teaspoons of Sea Salt
- 3 teaspoons of White Pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Onion Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dried Mexican Oregano Leaves
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 4 1/2 teaspoons of Ground Cumin
- 3 Tablespoons of Chili Powder
- Optional: 3/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes depending on how spicy you want it
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/tacoseasoning8.jpg” width=”680″ height=”907″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”DIY Homemade Taco Seasoning”][/url]
- Stir or whisk all ingredients together until combined. I used my food processor to mix them all together then funneled the seasoning into airtight containers. To package my taco seasoning, I purchased small [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/Small-Glass-Jars-Metal-Bails/dp/B00AH17PH8/ref=pd_sbs_k_9?ie=UTF8&refRID=1B2PE1JJ6Z7A32Z8MZ2M” target=”_blank”]Glass Spice Jars[/url], and red personalized labels in the [url href=”https://www.evermine.com/labels/LS-12/” target=”_blank”]Lemonade Stand[/url] style. It’s great mixed into dips, sprinkled on meat or veggies, and of course — on tacos. Enjoy!
Used In This Project:
More Spices and Seasoning Ideas:
Homemade Garlic Salt Pickling Spice Blend Beer Bottle BBQ Spice Rub Pumpkin Pie Spice
Shop Our Food/Craft Collection: