Halloween is my favorite time of year. There are so many ways to get creative and make something spooky and fun. I decided to try making my own ‘lava lamps,’ but instead label them as magic potion for Halloween!
If you’ve never tried making a lava lamp before, it’s very easy and requires only a few ingredients. This would be a great project to make or give to your kids and teach them about how water and oil do not mix!
- Vegetable oil
- Food coloring
- Alka-Seltzer tablets
- A tall bottle (with a cap or cork)
- The first step is to use a funnel to fill your bottle ¾ way full with vegetable oil. Then fill it the rest of the way up with water, leaving about an inch of room at the top.
- Then add in drops of food coloring (I chose purple and green). And that’s it!
- To make your magic potion bubble, simply break an Alka-Seltzer tablet into quarters and drop it into the bottle.
- Your potion will brew and bubble just like magic!
Used In This Project:
More Gift Ideas:
Ghost Boo Bags Halloween Treat Bags Halloween Truffles Homemade Popcorn Balls
Shop Our Halloween Collection: