This summer, I’ve fallen in love with growing fresh herbs in my garden and finding creative ways to harvest and use them. My favorite herb by far has been lavender. I’ve made my own eye pillows and sachets, and even lavender lemonade and cookies. Now that it’s officially fall, I’m still finding ways to keep my lavender-love going. Inspired by this post from the Free People Blog, I decided to make my own Pressed Herb Candles using lavender and chocolate mint from my garden.
Since the pressed herbs are more for decoration rather than scent, I added in my favorite essential oil, Lavandin (a cross between true lavender and spike lavender). I can’t get over how beautiful these candles turned out, and I love filling my home with the sweet scent of lavender even after summer has ended.
Fancy diamond tags in the Bountiful Leaves style match these candles perfectly! I can’t wait to give these beautiful, handmade candles to someone special.
- Glass jars
- 1 block of beeswax (I used 1 1/2 blocks to make two candles)
- Pressed flowers or herbs (100% dry)
- Clean empty tin can and a saucepan
- 1 old paintbrush (you can throw away afterwards)
- An old knife
- Cutting board
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/IMG_5412.jpg” width=”680″ height=”783″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”DIY Pressed Herb Candles | The Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”][/url]
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/IMG_5407.jpg” width=”680″ height=”871″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”DIY Pressed Herb Candles | The Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”][/url]
- TIP: Make sure you use the correct size wick for your jar! If you don’t your candle won’t burn properly (I learned this the hard way). Be sure to ask someone when you are buying the wick to advise you on the correct size.
Used In This Project:
- Fancy Diamond Hang Tags • I chose the “Bountiful Leaves” style in sage.
More Gift Ideas:
Herbal Epsom Salts Lavender Fire Starter Bundles Dry Erase To-Do List Dip-Dyed Treat Bags
Shop Our Food/Craft Collection: