The classic Rice Krispy Treat recipe gets an adorable Valentine’s make-over with a fun heart shape, Ghiradelli’s chocolate, sprinkles and some cute DIY packaging!
Valentine’s Chocolate-Dipped Rice Krispie Treat Pops
Recipe Type: Dessert
Recipe adapted from: Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10-ounce) package regular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate (baking chocolate or chocolate chips)
- Valentine’s sprinkles
- Lay a sheet of parchment paper on a large (11X17-inch) rimmed baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the marshmallows and stir until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and stir in the rice krispies. Press the mixture into the prepared pan(s) and set aside to cool for about an hour.
- Using a 2 to 3-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter, press the cutter into the cooled rice krispie treats, removing the heart-shaped treats to a wax paper or parchment paper-lined baking sheet or work space. If you minimize space between the hearts, you should be able to cut out about 24 hearts.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt 12 ounces chocolate chips for one minute. Stir. Heat again for 30 seconds and stir again. Repeat in 30 second intervals until chocolate is smooth.
- Push a paper straw (cut in half at an angle) into the bottom of the rice krispie treats. Dip half of the rice krispie treat into the melted chocolate and then transfer to the wax paper or parchment paper. While the chocolate is still warm on the rice krispie heart, sprinkle the festive Valentine Sprinkles onto the chocolate. Let the treats cool completely and the chocolate harden before packaging, about 1-2 hours.
- Cover in an airtight container to store (they are best eaten within 24 hours).
Evermine Simple Edge Style Scallop Hang tags in color: Plum with font choice: Sherlock
Evermine Cellophane Bags (trim several inches off the bottom of each bag)
Paper Straws (cut in half)