Paper lists that clutter up my desk or get soiled in the garden are finally a thing of the past! I always have a “To Do” list — or several — on the go, and I was getting a bit tired of using a messy, dirty notebook. Using a simple glass-front frame from the dollar store, some colorful labels, and a non-permanent marker I was able to quickly make up a dry erase to-do list board to keep out on my potting bench, and the soil wipes off as easily as my accomplished tasks!
- Glass-front frame meant to hold an 8×10 photo
- [url href=”https://www.evermine.com/labels/shape-SP19/” target=”_blank”]Bottled water label[/url], [url href=”https://www.evermine.com/labels/shape-SP28/” target=”_blank”]small circle labels[/url], [url href=”https://www.evermine.com/labels/shape-SP24/” target=”_blank”]small heart labels[/url] – all in Woodland Owl
- Dry erase marker (non-permanent)
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/dryeraseboard8.jpg” width=”680″ height=”453″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Dry Erase To-Do List”][/url]
- Remove the back from the frame and use the stock photo as a template to cut the cardstock to the size that fits the frame.
- Apply the bottled water label to the top of the cardstock and the circle labels below to create checkboxes (or more accurately, “checkcircles”) for the list items. Add a heart label as a place for the date, or a special reminder.
- Clean the glass of all fingerprints and dust, then reassemble the frame with the cardstock/labels as the photo.
- Use a dry erase marker to write your list, and a soft cloth to erase items.
I liked this project so much that I created a second one for my desk. It’s much nicer to look at than a messy bunch of sticky notes and since it stands upright, it reduces clutter. My desk frame was a bit smaller, made to fit a 5×7 photo, so I had to crop the label a bit. It still looks wonderful and has plenty of room to write all my daily “To Do’s”.
Used In This Project:
More Handmade Gift Ideas:
DIY Crayon Favors Homemade Chamomile Salve Decorated Mason Jar Mugs Lovely Packaging for Handmade Eye Pillows
Shop Our Food/Craft Collection: