Steffani Rees is the social media coordinator at Evermine. Hailing from Missouri, she is mother to six kids and a 100 pound dog. When she’s not busy cooking and baking, you can find her reading and singing early 2000s emo pop.
Earth Day is an annual event, celebrated on April 22, on which day events worldwide are held to demonstrate support for environmental protection. It was first celebrated in 1970, and celebrated in more than 193 countries each year. It is especially important for kids to understand the responsibility of taking care of the Earth, and what better way to learn but with a party! This Earth Day blue and green candied popcorn is perfect for Earth Day celebrations! Here is how you make it!
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- ⅓ cup butter
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 unsweetened package drink mix (Kool aid)
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- Food coloring
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- In a saucepan combine butter, corn syrup and sugar, stirring until butter melts.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Take off the heat and stir in drink mix, baking soda and then add food color until the syrup is the color you want your popcorn to be.
- Pour over popcorn, stirring to coat.
- Turn out on a sheet pan and put it in the oven.
- Bake 40 minutes, but stir ever 10 minutes.
- Repeat recipe with blue and green drink mix and color (I used blue raspberry and lime).
- Package in our clear cellophane bags, and top with a label to commemorate the occasion! Great for moms and teachers alike! I used the smallest cello bags, and the Spring Meadow label style in the 2 in round.