Easter Gift: Carrot Snack Bags
As Easter approaches, I find myself once again trying to come up with healthy alternatives to candy to fill the kids’ baskets. I try to limit the amount of sugar I give them, and holidays are no exception.
I have seen many alternatives to this idea while browsing Pinterest, so I thought I would give it a try. What makes this treat bag unique is the type of bag that I used. You can purchase treat bags already shaped and colored to look like carrots and fill them with anything you’d like, but I decided to use disposable decorating bags – the kind used for frosting cakes. Not only are they shaped perfectly, but they are also large enough to fill with plenty of cheese crackers.
Annie’s cheddar bunnies are one of my kids’ favorite snacks, and they are just too cute. As another alternative you could try Zoe’s recipe for homemade cheese crackers and make them any shape you want.
Easter Carrot Gifts
To create these adorable (and healthy) Easter basket treats, you will need a box of Annie’s Cheddar bunnies (or a homemade alternative), and a box of disposable decorator bags. You can find these bags at any craft store, or where cake decorating supplies are sold.
- Fill the bags! (my bunnies wouldn’t settle all the way to the bottom of the bag so I taped the end back with a little piece of clear tape). One box of bunnies made three bags, which was perfect for me, as I have three children to make Easter baskets for, but if you plan on making more I would grab a few more boxes.
- Gather the top of the bag and tie closed with green raffia. I wrapped mine 3-4 times to give them a nice carrot top affect.
- Add your personalized labels and a hang tag.
These are going to look and taste great on Easter Sunday. My kids are going to love them!
Evermine Tags and Labels Used In This Project:
- Bottle Collar Labels • I chose the “Burlap and Lace” style in Mocha.
- Small Diamond Hang Tags • I chose the “Burlap and Lace” style in Mocha.
More DIY Easter Ideas:
Bird Nest Treats Mini Easter Terrariums Homemade Doily Baskets Daffodil Centerpiece