Edible Gift: Apple Spice Pecans
I’ve been making these spiced pecans for about a year now, and they are such a hit around the holiday season, not to mention perfect for entertaining, baby showers, and bridal showers. I made a bunch last fall and shared them with family members, and they were all asking for the recipe and how hard was it to make them, and let me tell you, these take 20 minutes or less to throw together, which is exactly why they are great for parties!
In the fall, I love the flavor of apple pie spice mixed throughout the nuts. But you could use pumpkin pie spice around Thanksgiving, or use cinnamon around Christmas time. Use whatever mixture of spices you’d like. You could even do a savory blend with some Herbs de Provence in the springtime. You can even stray from pecans if they are not your thing and use almonds, walnuts, or cashews. Possibilities = endless.
These simple nuts are so full of flavor you’ll have a hard time snacking on just one nut – more like one whole handful! At your next gathering, have a bowlful of these Apple Spice Pecans on the counter. I guarantee there won’t be a single nut left to enjoy after everyone has gone home. All you’ll need to make these spiced nuts is a large skillet and four ingredients. Yes, only four ingredients:
- 3 cups whole pecans, shelled and cleaned
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp apple pie spice
- 1/4 cup water
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Apple-Spice-Pecans.jpg” width=”680″ height=”1020″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Apple Spiced Pecans | Evermine Occasions | www.evermine.com”]
- Add all the ingredients to a large (10-12 inch) skillet over medium-low heat. Stir to mix all the ingredients together and then stir continuously as the sugar begins to melt, making sure to coat the pecans well. Cook until the pecans are lightly toasted and the liquid is absorbed, about 5-10 minutes, and remove from heat. Pour onto a parchment lined baking sheet to cool.
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Apple-Spice-Pecans-2.jpg” width=”680″ height=”1020″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Apple Spiced Pecans | Evermine Occasions | www.evermine.com”]
- Cool completely before serving or storing in an airtight container. Perfect for gifts!
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Apple-Spice-Pecans-3.jpg” width=”680″ height=”453″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Apple Spice Pecans | Evermine Occasions | www.evermine.com”]
Used In This Project:
- Diamond Hang Tags • I chose the “Chalkboard Holiday” style.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE HOLIDAY COLLECTION >
Hello Chels: This recipe looks so good and I want to make it but I can get apple pie spice. How can I substitute it?
Laura, Apple Pie spice is nothing but premixed cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice; so you can make your own.
I never buy it when I can just use the ingredients separately.
[…] guys, how’s your October going? It’s about to get tastier! I’m over at Evermine today sharing these deliciously addictive Apple Pie Spice […]
I tried this recipe and loved it. Only change I made was I substituted boiled apple cider for the water. Gave it the apple pie flavor.