After my husband and I had been married for a few years, he stumbled across a jar of apple butter at the grocery store while we were shopping and wanted to buy it. Believe it or not, I had never tried apple butter, and it didn’t sound very good to me. Don’t get me wrong – I love butter, but apple butter? Weird!
Obviously, I now know there isn’t actually any butter in apple butter. The word butter refers more to the creamy consistency of the product. But at any rate, I tried apple butter for the first time and was a believer. And then I threw it in a pumpkin pie, and it was mind-blowing!
Pumpkins are sprouting up all over stores, which, of course, makes me super happy, and because I love this time of year, and because my husband loves apple butter, I thought some homemade pumpkin butter made using the slow-cooker would be amazing!
The process of making crockpot pumpkin butter couldn’t be any easier. Throw everything into the slow-cooker, and let it cook for several hours, stirring occasionally. The benefits? Well, not only does it make your house smell amazing, but pumpkin is really good for you. As for the ingredients, you probably already have most everything on hand.
Plus, how cute are these for homemade gifts? Give one to your kid’s new teacher, a sick friend or another autumn-obsessed someone you know. Or you could have a friend over and smother your toast in this stuff, and drink tea while watching old episodes of Downton Abbey. Any of these options sounds great, but I’m leaning toward Downton Abbey!
If you’re in the mood for fall, pull out your slow-cooker and make this pumpkin butter. You won’t be sorry.
- 4 cups pure pumpkin
- 1 cup honey or maple syrup ( I used half of each)
- 1/2 cup apple juice or apple cider
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- a generous pinch of sea salt
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Pumpkin-Butter.jpg” width=”680″ height=”1020″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Crockpot Pumpkin Butter | Evermine Occasions | www.evermine.com”]
- Add all of the ingredients to your slow-cooker. Stir to combine. Cook on low for about 6 hours, or until thick (stirring a few times throughout the day to prevent sticking).
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Pumpkin-Butter-2.jpg” width=”680″ height=”1020″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Crockpot Pumpkin Butter | Evermine Occasions | www.evermine.com”]
- Add the pumpkin butter to your jars or airtight container and allow to cool. Store in refrigerator. The pumpkin butter will keep in the fridge for up to 2-3 weeks or up to one year in the freezer.
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Pumpkin-Butter-10.jpg” width=”680″ height=”1020″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Crockpot Pumpkin Butter | Evermine Occasions | www.evermine.com”]
Used In This Project:
- Rectangular Labels • I chose the “Tuxedo Formal” style in chalkboard tuxedo.
- Circle Hang Tags • I chose the “Tuxedo Formal” style in chalkboard tuxedo.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE FOOD AND BEVERAGE COLLECTION >