There is a saying that goes, “The way to a person’s heart is through their stomach,” and I have personally found this to be true.
The first Valentine’s Day that Josh and I spent married together was all about getting to my heart. Josh spent the day decorating our tiny apartment with scattered chocolate kisses, shopping for groceries, and having our tiny dinner table set for a romantic evening. I walked in the door from work and there he was, in the kitchen, cooking chicken parmigiana.
To this day, it is still one of my favorites memories.
This year, I’m expressing my love with a box of baked cookies. Not just any cookie will do for my sweetheart though. I know what he likes and he likes chocolate, chocolate chips, coffee, and brownie-styled anything.
These Espresso Chocolate Chip Brownie Cookies are out of this world amazing. They are fudgy, soft, and irresistible, but wrapped up in a cute little box and personalized just for him is guaranteed to make him swoon a little and give me a few brownie points!
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips, divided
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, diced
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp instant coffee granules
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a double boiler, combine the unsweetened chocolate, 1 cup of chocolate chips, and butter, stirring until melted. Remove from the smaller pan, containing the chocolate from the double boiler and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk the eggs, sugar, and instant coffee granules on high speed until very thick and mixture forms a ribbon when whisk is lifted, about 3 minutes.
- Slowly add the melted chocolate to the bowl, whisking until just combined.
- Turn the stand mixer off. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into the bowl and stir until just combined. Stir in the remaining chocolate chips.
- Line baking sheets with a silpat or parchment paper. Using a cookie scoop, scoop batter and place about 2 inches apart on baking sheets. (Note: the batter is loose)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes ( I found that 10 minutes was perfect) or until the cookies are cracker and puffed on top. Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and allow to cool for one minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- [url href=”https://www.evermine.com/labels/preview/SPMM24-12/”][img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Brownie-Points-5.jpg” width=”680″ height=”453″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Brownie-Points-5″][/url]
Used In This Project:
- Large Labels • I chose the “Modern Museo” style in deep red.
- Heart Labels • I chose the “Modern Museo” style in deep red.
- Large Gift Boxes • I chose the white color.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE VALENTINE’S DAY COLLECTION >