I have a confession to make- I love fairies and anything magical! It’s something I’ve loved since childhood and still continue to celebrate as an adult (if you don’t believe me, check out the fairy costume I made a few years ago).
I was super excited to help my friend Avery plan her 11th birthday party this year. She wanted a fairy garden theme using her favorite color, pink. In addition to the cucumber sandwiches and fairy cupcakes, we also made up adorable Fairy Garden Kits for her friends to take home and make their own fairy-friendly houses or mini gardens.
- Small package of moss
- Flower seed packets
- Miniature bottles of fairy dust
- A tiny mushroom
- “Fairies Welcome” sign
- Pink shells (found on clearance at Michael’s)
- Small terracotta pot
- Acorns, pebbles or seashells
- Tiny gnome/fairy figurines
- Pink chevron paper bags
- Small clear plastic sleeves
- Miniature glass bottles
- Pink glitter
- Custom labels & tags from Evermine.com
- Natural raffia filler
- Pink ribbon
- The first step is to prep the flower seed packets. I used pink mini chevron kraft bags decorated with a custom square label and filled each bag with a handful of wildflower seeds.
- Next add petal shape labels to small clear plastic bags (or any kind of bag or envelope). Fill with moss.
- Using a funnel, pour pink glitter into small glass bottles (mine are 22mm x 50mm). Add a custom label that reads, “Fairy Dust: Sprinkle lightly & make a wish”.
- Finally, make your own tiny sign that reads, “Fairies Welcome.” I used twigs and cardstock to make mine. I hand drew the words with a pink pen, added a touch of kraft glue to the edges and dipped them in pink glitter. Then used kraft glue again to attach the sign to the twig.
- Arrange everything together in a small terracotta pot and decorate with a ribbon and custom scallop tag from Evermine!
Used In This Project:
More Birthday Gift and Favor Ideas:
DIY Candy Gift Bags DIY Crayon Favors Simple Gifts: Vanilla-Coconut Sugar Scrub Milestone Birthday Wine Labels
Shop Our Birthday Collection: