Fall Wedding Favor: Caramel Apple Cookie Cups
Fall weddings have an intrigue of their own that calls for vibrant autumn-inspired wedding colors, cozy decor and, of course, home baked goods that not only leave your house smelling amazing, but also help to keep you warm now that the weather is cool.
Luckily, there are plenty of growing fruits and vegetables that are perfect for fall baked treats, such as home grown winter squash and juicy, ripe apples straight from the orchard. That’s why we’ve decided to share a delicious fall-themed wedding favor idea with you today that’s incredibly delicious and simple to package while remaining loyal to the season. Enjoy!
Caramel Apple Cookie Cups
Recipe Type: Dessert
Recipe adapted from [url href=”http://www.lifeloveandsugar.com/2014/09/03/caramel-apple-cookie-cups/http://” target=”_blank”]www.lifeloveandsugar.com[/url].
- Cookie cups
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Caramel Sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- Cinnamon Apples
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- pinch of salt
To Make the Cookie Cups:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease a cupcake pan with a pat of butter. Place 3/4 cup butter and brown sugar together in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat for 3-7 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat mix until well combined, scraping the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and cornstarch. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low until the dough is just combined.
- Using about 2 tablespoons of the dough, form a ball using your hands, and press into the bottom of a cupcake mold, going about 1/3 way up the sides to form a cup shape. Repeat this process until all the cupcake molds have been filled.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 5-10 minutes. Using a butter knife, dislodge the cookie cups from the cupcake pan by sliding the utensil down the edge of one side of the cookie. It should easily pop out. Place on a cooling rack, and using a clean finger, gently press down the center of the cookie cup to form more space for filling. Let cookies cool to room temperature.
- In a small saucepan, add the butter, brown sugar and heavy cream. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar has dissolved. Bring to a boil and allow to continue boiling for three minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool while you’re making the cinnamon apples.
- Place the peeled, cored and chopped apples into a medium-sized nonstick pan over medium heat along with the nutmeg, cinnamon, brown sugar, butter and pinch of salt. Toss to coat once the butter has melted, and continue to cook for 10-15 minutes until the apples have softened. Remove from heat.
- [url href=”www.evermine.com/cellophane-bags/”][img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/IMG_9510.jpg” width=”680″ height=”1020″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Fall Wedding Favor: Caramel Apple Cookie Cups | The Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”][/url]
- Use a teaspoon to pour the caramel into the cookie cups while it’s still warm (microwave for 10-15 seconds if caramel has become too cool and thick). Place a spoonful of the sauteed apples into each cup over the caramel sauce and allow the caramel apple cookies cups to cool and set overnight.
- [url href=”https://www.evermine.com/tags/preview/HTWI23-29/”][img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/IMG_9501.jpg” width=”680″ height=”1020″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Fall Wedding Favor: Caramel Apple Cookie Cups | The Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”][/url]
To package as favors, place each caramel apple cookie cup into a cupcake liner. Package with [url href=”www.evermine.com/cellophane-bags/www.evermine.com/cellophane-bags/” target=”_blank”]medium cellophane bags[/url], and tie with twine and a personalized fall-inspired [url href=”https://www.evermine.com/tags/preview/HTWI23-29/” target=”_blank”]favor tag[/url] (we used scallop tags in the style Whimsical Romance).
Used In This Project:
- Scallop Hang Tags • I chose the “Whimsical Romance” style in pale gold.
- Cellophane Bags • I chose the medium size.
More Autumn Inspired Favor Ideas:
Autumn Leaf Cookies Crockpot Apple Butter Homemade Pumpkin Spice Syrup Autumn Wedding Tea Favors
Shop Our Food/Craft Collection: