I have a confession to make. I dislike fudge. How can I not like fudge you might ask? Well, I’m not exactly sure what it is that makes me not like it. Maybe it is all that chocolate crammed into one thick, chunky square. Or the fact that I grew up on fudge recipes that always contained nuts (which, to me, is just as awful as raisins in oatmeal cookies). Whatever it is, I don’t care for it. And for 10 years, I’ve managed to get out of making it at Christmas time, except for that one time I made eggnog and peppermint fudge. Yeah, that year I made two batches of fudge, none of which I ate.
But Father’s Day is not about me. I get Mother’s Day for that. Father’s Day is about that other guy in my life, You know, the one who promised to grow old with me and help me raise all these crazy-beautiful kids! That guy, otherwise known as my hubby, loves fudge. He also has this crazy obsession for anything Reese’s Peanut Butter. I think it’s only fair that I make him fudge containing his very favorite guilty pleasure treat for Father’s Day since I can’t get myself to make it any other time of the year.
What I love about this recipe is that it’s made with only 3 ingredients, and this fudge does not require a candy thermometer because, HELLO, you don’t even bake it! That’s right, my friends. I just handed you a fool-proof Father’s Day gift idea that your husband or father is going to LOVE you for. I know mine did.
- 22 regular sized individual Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, unwrapped
- 3 cups chocolate chips, your preference on semi-sweet or milk chocolate
- 1 (14 ounce can) sweetened condensed milk
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/No-Bake-Reeses-Fudge-Bars-13.jpg” width=”680″ height=”1020″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”No-Bake Reese’s Peanut Butter Fudge Bars | Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”]
- Line a 9×9 baking dish with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups on the bottom of the dish. There should be about 16 all together on the bottom.
- In a medium sauce pan combine chocolate chips and milk and stir over low heat until the chocolate has melted completely.
- Once the chocolate has melted and everything is combined, pour the melted chocolate over the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and spread evenly. Take the remaining 6 peanut butter cups and chop them and then sprinkle over the melted chocolate pressing lightly into the chocolate mixture.
- Allow to cool until it comes to room temperature and then cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge so the chocolate can harden completely. (I stored mine overnight).
- Cut into Squares and serve.
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/No-Bake-Reeses-Fudge-Bars-7.jpg” width=”680″ height=”1020″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”No-Bake Reese’s Peanut Butter Fudge Bars | Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”]
Used In This Project:
- Square Labels • I chose the “Summer Garden” style in spice.
- Rectangle Labels • I chose the “Summer Garden” style in spice.
- Large White Kraft Boxes.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE FATHER’S DAY COLLECTION >