Wedding Favor Friday: Mini White Chocolate Apple Pops
If you are planning a fall wedding, these Mini Chocolate Apple Pops make a great complement to your day. These bite size treats are a cute alternative to the full-sized apple favor, and your guests can enjoy them in one bite without the mess or having to finish an entire apple. With apple season in full swing, it won’t be hard to find everything you’ll need to create these easy treats.
Chocolate Apple Pops
Recipe Type: Wedding Favors
Serves: 20 mini chocolate apples
- Cake Pop Sticks
- Melon Baller
- 3 Large Fresh Granny Smith Apples
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Wax paper and baking sheet
- caramel for drizzling (optional)
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Chocolate-Apple-Pops-Evermine-Weddings-www.evermine.com_0003.jpg” width=”680″ height=”1020″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Chocolate Apple Pops | Evermine Weddings | www.evermine.com_0003″]
- Start by lining a baking sheet with wax paper, and lightly butter it. This will help keep the chocolate from sticking.
- Thoroughly wash and clean all your apples and pat them dry.
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Chocolate-Apple-Pops-Evermine-Weddings-www.evermine.com_0005.jpg” width=”680″ height=”1020″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Chocolate Apple Pops | Evermine Weddings | www.evermine.com_0005″]
- Using a melon baller, carefully scoop out balls of apple and place them on your baking sheet
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Chocolate-Apple-Pops-Evermine-Weddings-www.evermine.com_0006.jpg” width=”680″ height=”1020″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Chocolate Apple Pops | Evermine Weddings | www.evermine.com_0006″]
- Insert cake pop sticks into the center of each ball
- Heat chocolate chips in a microwavable bowl for 1-2 mins until completely melted and smooth.
- Carefully remove it from the microwave and let it cool slightly before dipping your apples.
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Chocolate-Apple-Pops-Evermine-Weddings-www.evermine.com_0007.jpg” width=”680″ height=”1020″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Chocolate Apple Pops | Evermine Weddings | www.evermine.com_0007″]
- One by one dip each apple pop into the chocolate and let the excess drip off back into the bowl. Be sure to completely coat the apple with chocolate and about 1/4″ of the stick, this seals the apple and helps keep it fresh for longer. Then place each apple pop back onto your lined baking sheet.
- Let the chocolate apples cool and set in the refrigerator for about 15 mins.
- If you are adding caramel, drizzle some on after the chocolate has set.
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Chocolate-Apple-Pops-Evermine-Weddings-www.evermine.com_0004.jpg” width=”680″ height=”1020″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Chocolate Apple Pops | Evermine Weddings | www.evermine.com_0004″]
- Finish packaging them with small 3×4 inch cellophane treat bags (which I purchased at a local Michaels store) and a tag. Careful while packaging because the caramel can become very sticky.
If you’re making a large batch for your wedding work in batches of about 20 so that your apples don’t turn brown before sealing them with chocolate. [br][br]If your apple pops aren’t packaged store them in the refrigerator uncovered. If they are packaged do not store them in the refrigerator because they will get sweaty. You can store your packaged apple pops are room temperature for up to 1 day.
Used In This Project:
- Oval Hang Tags • I chose the “Luxe” style in sage.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE WEDDING COLLECTION >