Looking for the perfect gift idea for the fellas in your life? Gather together some fresh, manly-smelling essential oils and a few other ingredients, and roll up your sleeves for an afternoon of crafting to create your own beard grooming kits. Each kit includes one shampoo bar, one 2 oz tin of beard balm and a bottle of beard oil made from some of our favorite, most refreshing and moisturizing recipes to help your guys keep their facial hair in tip-top shape.
Once you’ve made your shampoo bars, beard balm and beard oil, package it together as one beard grooming kit with extra large cellophane bags. Add tags and labels in your manly style of choice from the shop, and voila! A gift your brothers, boyfriends, dads, uncles, grandpas and friends will love you for.
Keep reading for the recipes we used, and for the links to each product below:
- ¾ oz jojoba oil
- ¼ oz sweet almond oil
- 5 drops tea tree essential oil
- 3 drops peppermint essential oil
- Pour all ingredients in a 1 oz amber glass bottles with droppers. Stir with the dropper, and secure the lid. Store in a cool, dark place until ready to use.
- Include an enclosure card with instructions for your beard oil as follows:
- Daily Amount:
- New Growth: 2-3 Drops
- Medium Length: 4-5 drops
- Established Growth: 6 drops
- Using the dropper, place oil in palm of hand. Rub hands together to warm up the oil, and begin by using fingertips to apply oil to the skin. With palms, apply the remaining oil evenly throughout the beard before grooming into place. Use any remaining oil residue left on hands to soothe elbows, knees or any rough patches of skin.
- ¼ cup carnauba wax
- ¼ cup shea butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons meadowfoam seed oil
- 1 tablespoon vitamin E oil
- 40 drops fir needle essential oil
- 24 drops frankincense essential oil
- 16 drops rosemary essential oil
- 2 oz metal containers
- Double Broiler
- A wooden chopstick (to stir)
- Small funnel
- Place the carnauba wax, Shea butter, coconut oil, meadow foam seed oil and vitamin E in a double broiler, and allow to melt completely. Stir with a wooden chopstick until combined and remove from heat. Stir in the essential oils. Pour into metal containers and allow to harden for 3 days before using.
- 33 oz. unrefined coconut oil
- 12.54 oz water
- 5.32 oz lye
- ½-1 oz fir needle essential oils
- ¼-1/3 oz bergamot essential oils
- Digital Scale
- 8 quart Crockpot
- Immersion Blender
- Glass bowls and measuring cups
- A wooden spoon you can devote solely to soap making
- Silicone Soap Mold
Used In This Project:
- Circle Labels • I chose the “Neue Retro” style in tuxedo.
- Circle Hang Tags • I chose the “Neue Retro” style in tuxedo.
- Fancy Diamond Hang Tags • I chose the “Neue Retro” style in tuxedo.
- Enclosure Cards • I chose the “Neue Retro” style in tuxedo.
- Cellophane Bags • I chose the extra large size.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE HOLIDAY COLLECTION >