Celebrate the first big win of the season by throwing a party for your basketball team! The new Basketball style is perfect for decorating and making the event fun and personalized for your school. Available in over 160 color combinations, find your team colors and show some school spirit.
For the Fairmont High Bobcats girls JV basketball team we created a colorful table of treats just for them complete with a free printable garland. We served basketball cupcakes decorated with printable mini pennant flags and gave each girl their own water bottle personalized with their names and matching labels that read, “Queen of the Court!”
• 1 Box Betty Crocker Devil’s Food Cake Mix (choose your favorite flavor)
• 3 Eggs
• 1/2 cup oil
• 1 cup water
• 1 Can Betty Crocker Vanilla Frosting
• Gel food coloring (red and yellow)
• Black Gel Icing (2 tubes)
• Cupcake papers
Follow the instructions on the box to bake 24 cupcakes. Let cool completely.
Add the red and yellow gel food coloring to the vanilla frosting a little at a time until you reach your desired orange color. I like gel food coloring better than the liquid kind because you are able to get more vibrant colors. The more food coloring you add the darker, more vibrant the color will become.
Using a knife, frost each cupcake with the orange frosting. Then, using the black gel icing, draw the lines over the orange icing to create the look of a basketball.
For simple take-home favors we gave each girl a small bundle of pixie sticks tied together with a circle tag.
Used In This Project:
- Circle Labels • I chose the “Basketball” style in Teal & Purple.
- Small Rectangle Labels • I chose the “Basketball” style in Teal & Purple.
- Circle Favor Tags • I chose the “Basketball” style in Teal & Purple.
- Printable Alphabet Garland • Download and print for free!
- Printable Mini Pennant Flags • Download and print for free!
More Girls Party Ideas:
Pumpkin Seeds Favor DIY Lollipop Favors Cupcake Mix Favors Candy Sushi
Shop Our Party Collection: