Ah, Sunday mornings. There’s a special spot in my heart for a homemade Sunday morning brunch. And waffles—topped with blueberry sauce and fresh whipped cream—are a jewel among my own childhood weekend morning memories.
I developed this gluten free waffle mix to revive these special memories and I thought I might share it with you. May you wake next Sunday, salivating with the culinary anticipation of a nine-year-old not yet weaned from sugar. Please share it with your loved ones. Because brunch is a special thing.
I think this delicious waffle mix would make a lovely wedding favor or holiday gift. Also, gluten free mixes are great for anyone who likes to host gatherings of friends and family, especially hosts who know and love folks who eat gluten free.
- ½ cup sweet white rice flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup potato flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/IMG_5234.jpg” width=”680″ height=”907″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Gluten Free Waffle Mix Recipe | Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”]
- The easiest way I’ve found to put together a baking mix is to combine all the ingredients in a quart jar, cap the jar and shake it to mix it thoroughly, then overturn the jar into a kraft bag.
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/IMG_5235.jpg” width=”680″ height=”907″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Gluten Free Waffle Mix Recipe | Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”]
- Alternatively, you can measure out the ingredients directly into the kraft bag, seal the bag and shake it. This is possible with this recipe because the dry ingredients don’t take up that much volume. It will be a little more difficult if you want to double the recipe in a single bag.
- [img src=”https://bdn.evermine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/IMG_5275.jpg” width=”680″ height=”581″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Gluten Free Waffle Recipe | Evermine Blog | www.evermine.com”]
Used In This Project:
- Heart Hang Tags • I chose the “Dottie” style in tangerine and gold.
- Rectangle Labels • I chose the “Dottie” style in tangerine and gold.
- Oval Text Labels • I chose the “Dottie” style in tangerine and gold.
- Small Window Tin-Tie Bags • I chose the kraft color.
SHOP OUR ENTIRE FOOD AND CRAFT COLLECTION >